Sunday, July 27, 2008

Surprising news

My baby sister, who just turned 18, had some very shocking news for the family a couple days ago. She is engaged to be married!
I, like the rest of us, were completely taken by surprise. I felt bad at the lack of enthusiasm for her news. When I announced my engagement to my family, my mother was so happy she cried.

They set their date for September 27, 2008. A bit earlier then we were hoping, but we are all going to help make this one of the happiest days for her! :)
I went with her on Friday to try on some wedding dresses, and she found two she really loves. They look absolutely gorgeous on her, and Monday we are all going to see about getting the bridesmaid's dresses made, which are going to be a dark red.

I will be sure and update more frequently! :)

1 comment:

Charin Adams said...

Aww. Don't feel bad, I think it was just surprising for you and that probably made it really hard to know what to say or do!
She will make a beautiful bride :)
Are you going to be in the wedding?