Saturday, July 19, 2008

Trying something new

So I've decided lately to try something a little bit different. I love video games, having spent countless hours playing, and I love a good story so I've decided to join those two aspects together. What I have in mind for this is taking a game that I do play quite a bit ( world of warcraft) and giving it life, so to speak.

Warcraft is an mmorpg, that basically means its a massive roleplaying game online. You start out with a level one character of your choosing, and as you complete quests and kill monsters, you gain experience which will further you in level. There are two factions to choose from, Horde and Alliance, and each have their own lore and classes to pick.
Once you've chosen your race, you will have an opportunity to pick your class. There is currently 9 classes available with another coming soon!:)

Basically, I'm going to 'share' my leveling experience every few levels. Its basically going to be adventure stories as if they were written by my character with some screenshots! ( pictures )
My story won't be much about lore as it will be about the 'daily' adventures.
I imagine this probably sounds extremely boring. haha


I'm not entirely sure how well this will all work out, I just had this idea, and I've decided to try it out. I'm not going to clog up this blog so I will be making another one, not that this one is much fun to read! :)

2 comments:

Charin Adams said...

I think that sounds like fun! (even though you know I'm not a huge gamer fan) :) :)
Go for it!

Kevin said...

I could do that for Uglub the undead priest, Savoody the troll mage, Rahtrah the tauren hunter, and Jointheir the blood elf paladin, but that would be REALLY boring!