Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ranting

I have tried really hard to follow along this year with the 08 candidates, but I'm finding it extremely difficult lately. The Obama/Clinton arguments got old REAL fast, they both spent too much time nitpicking at each other's words and not enough time worrying about themselves.
Now we have the McCain/Obama face-off, and I have to admit, I'm not impressed. We all know that candidates are really good at flip-flopping on their stances, which they've done..frequently!

I guess you could safely say I'm a democrat, although lately I can't stand either side. I believe we truly need someone to make a difference, but I don't believe McCain nor Obama will offer us that option.

One of the biggest problems we have, I believe, is that the media has too much influence. People don't vote for those who they believe WILL make a difference because the media does not give them a chance, feeling as if they would be wasting a vote. O_o

I know, I know. This is more of a rant post then anything informative, but lately I've grown so disgusted with all of it. I still occasionally do some research, but it has been cut down severely.
The whole global warming issue irks me, specifically the alarmist, and I do my best to avoid those stories.

I have always believed that staying informed is one of the best things you could do, but I do wonder, frequently, if ignorance is truly bliss! O_^

2 comments:

Charin Adams said...

What?!?! You mean Kevin hasn't gotten you turned against Democrats yet?? :)
Politics in general just make me sad, it's scary that we have one person making such major decisions for our entire country.
(obviously, they aren't the *only* ones making that decision...but it's still scary!)
We'll see what happens!

Kevin said...

Well, the reason you're so disgusted with politics is that you're a sissy pinko commie liberal. :D Real men are conservative!
Of course, I'm growing more libertarian, so I'd better shave some of that hair off my chest...